Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Redux


This year I spent Thanksgiving with my guy Dave and his family, the Hall family, in Washington, D.C. Dennis, Dave's brother, and Lara, Dennis' wife, cooked up a lovely, generous feast for six (soon to be seven): roasted turkey, butternut squash soup, rosemary-cream-infused mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing, cranberry relish, green beans, and pumpkin pie with homemade cinnamon ice cream. Dave and I were so inspired by the divine ice cream, that this weekend we're going to experiment with egg nog ice cream. Oh, yes; we're up for the challenge.

I'll also post a recipe by Sunday of this week. I'm going to start experimenting with a new posting schedule beginning next week: Thursdays and Sundays. The Tuesday weekly post isn't working for me or my work schedule, so Thursdays and Sundays, here I come. Stay tuned.

Hugs and high fives,
Kella

P.S. My class' service learning project is featured on Drop In & Decorate's site. Woohoo!

No comments: